Top : GREEK ACCOMPLISHMENTS : University breakthroughs
GREEK ACCOMPLISHMENTS : University breakthroughs
- 1st Pan-American Technology Award to the Institute of Research & Technology
- The System for Hyperphasmatic Picturing was developed in the labs of the Institute of Electronic Structure & Laser with the help of the University of Crete Medical School. It won first prize out of 260 entries submitted to the Pan-American Conference for Otolaryngology. Over 20,000 doctors and research scientist attented the conference. Indicative of this project's great importance is the fact that, for the first time in the Pan-American (essentially international) Conference, a Greek research team was assigned its own 50 sq. meter area in which to exhibit its scientific and research accomplishments.
(Added: 6-Oct-1999 Hits: 43 Rating: 5.50 Votes: 2) Rate It
- 3rd in the World, in Cyberspace Architecture
- Eight graduate students of the National Technical University of Athens (http://www.ntua.gr) and their professor came third in an international competition for constructing the libraries of the future. Ahead of them were MIT of USA, and Kumamoto University of Japan. Coming third in the world with main competition these two world-class universities -giants of the international scientific status- is definitely not something that happens every day. Especially when the students refer to their creations with phrases like "Instead of walls and pillars we must suggest and design sentiments and colors" ...
(Added: 3-May-1999 Hits: 59 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- High-grade steel innovation unveiled at Patra Univ.
- The chemical engineering faculty of Patra University announced a major innovation enabling the production for industrial use particularly car manufacturing of super-high grade steel.
(Added: 12-Feb-1999 Hits: 66 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Log Point Enters Joint Development Activities with Leading Greek Authority
- In furthering its software and hardware development efforts, Log Point Technologies Inc. announced that it intends to engage in joint development activities with a technical group headed by Professor Thanos Stouraitis at the University of Patras in Greece. Professor Stouraitis is a pioneering leading authority on exponential floating point computers. Prof. Stouraitis has published numerous technical articles in prominent journals and conference proceedings before distinguishing himself further at the University of Patras.
(Added: 17-Mar-1999 Hits: 44 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It