Top : GREEK ACCOMPLISHMENTS : Technology
GREEK ACCOMPLISHMENTS : Technology
- Greece receives international award for solar power
- The award for "Accomplishment Award", by the International Solar Energy Society, was given to mechanical engineer Panos Lamaris, president and founder of Sole ABEE Solar Panel, for the 25 years of significant contribution in the development of solar systems in Greece as well as his contribution to the European Union for conservation of energy. The products of Sole ABEE Solar Panel maintain a leading position in the industry world-wide, with quality and efficiency-certified products being exported to over 30 countries around the world.
(Added: 5-Aug-1999 Hits: 71 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Greece's advanced mobile telephony network
- Cardmobile telephony has been in Greece for a few years now. Cardmobile phones provides you with all the advantages of a mobile phone, and at the same time relieves you from monthly bills and long term commitments. IRIDIUM is a satellite communications system that became operational on September 23, 1998. The birth of IRIDIUM ushers in a new era in global mobile telephony and does away with the natural boundaries between countries as we know them. Users can get their terminal linked up to IRIDIUM's network of 66 satelites and receive 24-hour coverage, 365 days a year -anywhere on the planet.
(Added: 27-Apr-1999 Hits: 66 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Hi-tech passport detection system on Greek-Bulgarian border
- Greece has granted a high resolution system for transferring image and data to Bulgaria's public order ministry in order to connect the neighbouring country "on-line" with its border posts on the Greek-Bulgarian frontier. The Greek-made hi-tech system is called "Photophon".
(Added: 1-Mar-1999 Hits: 93 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The first Greek satellite leaves for space
- Greece makes the first step towards space with the design and construction of a small telecommunication satellite that will, initially, serve the needs of the Greek commercial fleet. Its name is "HelMars-Sat" and was designed and built by a group of Greek scientists, headed by Dr. Niko Baltea.
(Added: 8-Mar-1999 Hits: 219 Rating: 7.38 Votes: 8) Rate It
- The Science and Technology Park of Crete
- STEP-C can provide among others, the following opportunities for your company, depending on the sector it is operating at: Opportunity investment in the form of Venture Capital etc. Exploitation of methods/ mechanisms which provide financial support to new technological companies, innovative products, co-operation and offerings of new products through factoring, leasing, etc. Co-operation with the Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas (FORTH a.k.a. ITE) for the exploitation of products and services or initiation of new research projects of high technology. Provision of Internet Services. Co-operation with the highly advanced Institute of Computer Science on various applications and EEC programs.
(Added: 18-Mar-1999 Hits: 95 Rating: 9.50 Votes: 2) Rate It